Lead Estimator / Drafter
Summary: PartsBadger, a tech start-up in the Greater Milwaukee area, offering online CNC custom parts manufacturing services, requires a Lead Estimator / Drafter (Design Engineer or DE) to lead our design engineer team. Design Engineers help customers with quotes, design consultation, creating production packets, quality control and shipping. The Lead DE will support the DE team, promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, and work with developers, operations, QC, shipping, and sales to improve processes. The Lead DE will overcome new and unique challenges on a daily basis and be responsible for learning how to overcome these challenges, design systems to handle these challenges in the future and implement these systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and Develop the DE Team
- Manage Quotes, Orders, and Daily DE Operations
- Promote a Culture of Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Assign Resources for Process Improvement
- Create Internal Processes and Documentation
- Overcoming New and Unique Challenges
- Leadership Experience
- Knowledge of CNC Machining or Fabrication
- Adaptive and Flexible
- Strategically Minded
- Fast Worker and Quick Thinker
- CAD Experience
- Ability to Read and Create Drawings
- Strong GD&T Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Web Navigation, Email and the Like.
- Health and Dental (Gold Plan)
- IRA with 3% Match
- Free Catered Lunches Daily
- Fully Stocked Snack and Beverage Bar
- Professional Development Plan
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
PartsBadger was founded by Tech Entrepreneurs and has the goal of disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry using creative yet effective new-age business techniques. PartsBadger wants to change the way people and companies source their custom parts.
We believe the ability for humankind to innovate shall not be limited by the ability to make.
To advance the innovation of others through simplified, responsive, and efficient manufacturing.
Everything we do has the goal of increasing the speed at which our customers receive quotes, get responses to questions, and get their parts.
We will respond to your needs – no matter what it takes. We are determined to get you your parts quickly, correctly, and at the right price.
We’re here to change the custom parts game by changing how you get your parts. Instant quoting, quick delivery, and awesome prices help bring your ideas and inventions to the world.
We’re here to help with a smile on our face. We’ve been where you are – in need of a custom part in order to move forward. We make a once frustrating process fun.